Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Time to Contact the Players

Councilman Gene Smith provided me with the names of the contact people at the three internet providers in Hoover.

An e-mail was sent out by me to all three.  It read as follows:

Dear _________________

I was given your contact information by City of Hoover Councilman Gene Smith.  He thinks you may be the person I need to speak with regarding a situation in Hoover, and surrounding areas, which I will cover in the next paragraph.  If you are not, would you please forward this e-mail to them and respond to me with the correct contact.

Recently Comcast Communications began offering Low-Income Families a reduced rate ($10.00/mo.) on internet access.  To qualify, a member of the family must be on the Free/Reduced Lunch program at their school.  For more information on this program, please visit Comcast's site: 
http://www.internetessentials.com
I would like to schedule a meeting with the appropriate person in your company that can implement a program like this in the City of Hoover, which your company currently services.  Currently 21% of our student population would qualify for such a program, yet many of these students do not have internet access due to the cost associated with it.

I look forward to hearing from you, and look forward to meeting with your company's representative face-to-face so that we can put all of our students online.  I can be reached via the following methods:

Phone:  205-XXX-XXXX Cell
E-Mail: xxx @ .com


Thanks,


Hoover, AL

cc:     Gene Smith, City of Hoover Councilman
        Brian Skelton, City of Hoover Councilman

        John Greene, City of Hoover Councilman

I received a reply from Terri Gualano, AT&T immediatly.  Skip James, Charter Communications, responded the following day and I have not heard from Robert Smith, Bright House Networks, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment